If you are a Microsoft Outlook 2003 user and you often tend to forget putting in the subject while writing an e-mail, this trick will definately help you a lot.
Steps to prevent sending an e-mail in Ms-Outlook without keeping subject field empty:
1. Open your Microsoft outlook
2. Press Alt+F11. This opens the Visual Basic editor and then Press Ctrl+R which in turn opens Project-Project 1 (left side).
3. On the Left Pane, one can see “Microsoft Outlook Objects” or “Project1″, expand this. Now one can see the “ThisOutLookSession”.
4. Double click on “ThisOutLookSession”. It will open up a code pane.
5. Copy and Paste the following code in the right pane. (Code Pane) and save it.
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim strSubject As String
strSubject = Item.Subject
If Len(Trim(strSubject)) = 0 Then
Prompt$ = “Subject is Empty. Are you sure you want to send the Mail?”
If MsgBox(Prompt$, vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbMsgBoxSetForeground, “Check for Subject”) = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
Keep in mind, to be able to run this script everyday, please enable your outlook macros. For this, go to Tools > Macro > Security and Set the Security Level to medium.