You must be knowing that iPhone 3G is set to release July 11th and pricing for new AT&T subscribers and those eligible for upgrades is $199 for an 8GB phone and $299 for a 16GB phone. But here is all other infomation you will need if you interested in buying this phone:
- Launch Time for the iPhone 3G is 8 AM local time
- The $199 and $299 pricing requires a two-year contract
- Those not eligible for upgrade pricing will pay $399 for the 8GB model and $499 for the 16GB model
- All customers upgrading will be required to pay an $18 upgrade fee while new customers will pay a $36 activation fee
- In the future, AT&T will offer a no-contract-required option for $599 (8GB) and $699 (16GB)
Plans have also been announced and start at $69.99 per month:
- $69.99 per month: 450 anytime minutes and 5,000 night and weekend minutes
- $89.99 per month: 900 anytime minutes and unlimited night and weekend minutes
- $109.99 per month: 1350 anytime minutes and unlimited night and weekend minutes
- $129.99 per month: unlimited anytime minutes
Family Plans are available as well and start at $129.99 per month for two iPhone 3G lines and include 700 shared anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends. You can add additional lines at $39.99 per month (up to 3 lines) and you can get plans of up to 6000 anytime minutes for $359.99. For individuals wanting text messages, they will be charged $5 per month for 200 messages, $15 per month for 1500 messages, or $20 per month for unlimited. There’s also an unlimited FamilyTalk text messaging option for $30 per month.
If you’re a current AT&T subscriber and you’re wondering if you’re eligible for an upgrade, just log-in to your AT&T Wireless account online and in the right sidebar you’ll see a link that says “Upgrade Phones.” Click on it and then it will list out your phones and tell you if you’re upgrade eligible.