Thursday, September 22, 2005

Windows Vista - Positive Aspects

Roberto has posted a fairly nice insight of Vista on his Blog so it's my duty to share it with you

[Quote] from robert's blog
What does Windows Vista mean to me. Well to me it seems that Windows Vista is the light at a long tunnel. For years I have had to fight Windows security problems, Microsoft’s broken promises as well as the outside punks and dickheads who have nothing better to do than to cause problems and headaches.

Luckily most of the time I was ahead of them so I was more diligent. I was using security practices that Microsoft’s security teams are now starting to preach. But now Windows Vista is within our grasp.

The new security models are great, usability, reliability look vastly improved. Its in Beta and betas are typically slow I find this beta to be better than most others I have participated in (Mac OS X Public Beta –Ungodly slow.

The final release was a lot better. 10.2 was actually the first major stable release. Vista is not just another pretty face but it appears to be the first major release since Windows 2000 that I can call great. It wont be a UNIX or Linux killer, but it will be the release that Microsoft can truly be proud of.
[Unquote]

What do you think? Will it be as good as he thinks ??

No comments:

Post a Comment